Future Awards regulated level 3 qualification in the management of Anaphylaxis
The purpose of their regulated Future Awards Qualification Level 3 Award in the Immediate Management of Anaphylaxis is to provide the learner with the skills, knowledge and understanding required to recognise and manage a casualty experiencing an acute anaphylaxis episode.
This qualification will give learners the opportunity to:
- Know how to recognise a casualty with anaphylaxis.
- Be able to manage a casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Be able to manage a casualty with anaphylaxis.
There are no formal qualification entry requirements that a learner must have completed before taking this qualification and no requirement for learners to have prior skills, knowledge or understanding.
This course is available as a 100% classroom course. or a blended course using our video online training.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a National MedicAid Certificate and for online courses an Evidence-Based Learning statement.
- 1.1 Describe anaphylaxis
- 1.2 Identify triggers for anaphylaxis
- 1.3 Describe life-threatening problems associated with the: • Airway • Breathing • Circulation • Disability (neurological status) • Exposure (Skin and mucosal changes)
- 1.4 Explain the need for an early call for help
- 1.5 Explain the treatment for anaphylaxis: • Removal of trigger • Auto-injector
- 1.6 Identify key features of adrenaline-auto injectors.
- 2.1 Conduct a scene survey
- 2.2 Conduct an initial assessment using the ABCDE approach: • Airway • Breathing • Circulation • Disability • Exposure
- 2.3 Position the casualty presenting with: • Difficulty in breathing • Life-threatening circulation problems • Unconsciousness
- 3.1 Recognise the need to commence Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- 3.2 Demonstrate Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation using adult or child manikin
- 4.1 Recognise the need to use an autoinjector
- 4.2 Prepare medication for administration during anaphylaxis treatment
- 4.3 Demonstrate the safe use of an adrenaline auto-injector using training device
- 4.4 Safely dispose of sharps according to agreed ways of working
- 4.5 Handover the casualty to a medical professional.