First Aid perfectly adapted for those working on aeroplanes
The requirement for first aid on aeroplanes if different from other businesses due to the location, lack of resources and time from professional help. This course covers the problems that can be faced by aircrew and how to deal with them. Also covered is an alternative to CPR where delivering in the confined space of a plane walkway. This course is designed to meet the first aid requirements for aircrew first aid laid down by the European Aviation Safety Agency.
All our first aid courses fully meet the UK and European Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2015 as per the HSE requirements.
This course comes with 6.0 hours of CPD. The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a National MedicAid Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
- Introductory First Aid Training
- Barriers and Face Shields
- Initial Assessment
- Heart Attack
- Cardiac Arrest
- Adult CPR
- Bleeding Control
- Broken bones, sprains and strains
- Head Injuries
- Anaphylactic shock
- Air sickness
- Stress, Hyperventilation and panic attacks
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Contamination of skin, eyes from aviation fuel
- Emergency childbirth
- Hyperthermia and frostbite
- Gastro-intestinal disturbance - food poisoning
- Moving and positioning of people in care