Emergency Care Skills for before and during patient transport
Our Ambulance Care Assistant (VTQ) qualification is designed to meet the core requirements of trusts, independent ambulance services and voluntary aid societies for learners who intend to work in the patient transport and emergency care industry.
This Ambulance Care Assistant (VTQ) course falls under a ‘Vocational Training Qualification’ framework for delivery and assessment and is designed to assist learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills to drive a range of patient care ambulance vehicles safely and under the control of qualified drivers.
This training will include content that is designed to assist with emergency care before and while transporting patients from their homes to hospitals, care centres, outpatient clinics, events and large public places.
Ambulance Care Assistant (VTQ) is focused on improving emergency medical care, punctuality performance and service quality. Ambulance Care Assistants working with patient groups will receive ideal training to ensure they have the skills to be able to provide the additional specialist care needed.
This course comes with 40.0 hours of CPD. The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a National MedicAid Certificate and for online courses an Evidence-Based Learning statement.
- Ambulance workers
- Patient transport
- Patient Taxi's
- Call handler/emergency medical dispatcher
- Health Care Assistant
- Emergency Care Assistant
- H&S Awareness
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Manual Handling
- Patient Handling
- Effective Communication
- Roles and Responsibilities of the ACA
- Head Injuries
- Additional Duties
- Eye Injuries
- Initial Assessment Airway and Breathing Recovery Position
- Chain of Survival Call first/call fast / The Heart
- Temperature Related Illness
- Heart Attack and CPR
- Other Injuries and Illnesses
- CPR Practice
- Illness Assessment
- O2 Therapy and AED
- Infection Control for Ambulance Personnel
- Dementia Awareness, Mental Health and Capacity to Consent
- Circulatory System
- Equality & Diversity
- Accident and Incident Report
- VDI and Vehicle Cleaning
- Spinal Injuries and C Spine Rx
- GDPR and Patient Confidentiality
- Injury Assessment
- Fractures and Dislocations
- Wounds and Dressings
- Minor Injuries Burns and Scalds