Advanced Life Support (ALS) is our highest level of life support and CPR.
The course is mapped against the requirements laid down by the UK Resuscitation Council guidelines and we have included many extra subjects to offer a comprehensive advanced life support course.
This course comes with 8.0 hours of CPD. Total course time includes 6 hours and 56 minutes of video training as well as knowledge reviews, final test, remedial help and reviewing downloaded material. The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a National MedicAid Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
- Medical professionals
- First Aiders
- Doctors – Hospital
- Doctors – Community
- Medical students
- Nurses – Hospital
- Nurses – Community
- Nursing students
- Cardiac Technicians
- Occupational Therapists
- Resuscitation Training Officers
- Dental Nurses
- Ambulance Technicians / Paramedics
- Fire Service Technicians
- Police Officers
- Prison Officers
- Air Stewards
The ERC state that the ALS course is targeted at:
- Doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals who are expected to provide ALS in a hospital or out of a hospital
- Doctors, nurses and paramedics working in emergency areas of the hospital or Emergency Medical Systems
- Those who attend cardiac arrests on a regular basis or maybe expected to lead a cardiac arrest team
- Individuals who are regular members of resuscitation teams or regularly working in the EMS, and senior paramedics and specialist hospital technicians
- Recognise and treat the deteriorating patient using a structured ABCDE approach
- Deliver standardised CPR in adults
- Manage a cardiac arrest by working with a multidisciplinary team in an emergency situation
- Utilise non-technical skills to facilitate strong team leadership and effective team membership.